Moving Supplies - What You Might Need
Moving all or a portion of your home into a storage warehouse is always a stressful process. At Woodside, we believe that you can make this process more manageable by having the right tools and supplies on hand. If you don't have the right supplies you'll waste time and increase the chances of items becoming damaged.
Here's a list of essential items you should have before you start packing.
- A large supply of boxes is probably the most important supply when moving. The boxes should be a variety of sizes and strong enough to hold up to 30 pounds securely. Corrugated cardboard is much stronger than regular cardboard, although it's also more expensive.
- Aside from boxes, plastic tubs are also useful for packing items. They are much more expensive than cardboard, but are stronger and less likely to break during the move. • Before you start packing you should buy several large reels of strong tape. There's nothing more frustrating than having to stop packing because you've run out of tape.
- Before you start packing you should buy several large reels of strong tape. There's nothing more frustrating than having to stop packing because you've run out of tape.
- You should also buy bubble wrap, tissue paper and newspapers for wrapping delicate items. Make sure you clearly label boxes that contain delicate items even if they've been thoroughly wrapped.
- Blankets are always useful for protecting large objects during a move. Put them between items of furniture to prevent scratches and dents. Quilts can also be used for this, and are useful for stopping dirt from falling onto delicate items.
- Labeling pens are essential when moving. These should be used to mark what's in each box, which room the box should be moved to and to create a running inventory of what you've packed. Keeping an inventory is always useful, but is essential if you're hiring a moving company. The checklist should list which items are being moved and their approximate value.
- It's a good idea to keep important documents in a document holder. Wills, marriage licenses, insurance policies, driving licenses and other essential documents should be kept in this holder, and should be with you at all times. Many people lose these essential documents during a move because they get mixed up with other items.
- Box cutters can be useful both before and after a move. It's easy to accidentally seal a box containing an item you need, and box cutters make reopening it much easier. Box cutters are also almost essential when you're unpacking in your new home or retrieving items from your storage warehouse.
With a little planning, moving your possessions into a Woodside Self Storage facility can be a smooth, efficient process. We can provide a safe and secure place to store your belongings. Convenient location. Affordable price. Call us today!